Sunday 31 December 2023

Farewell 2023

Well, what a year 2023 turned out to be. Work-wise, our local library has returned to our normal program of authors, workshops, entertainment for young families, and of course the book/magazine/movie/music/toy lending that is our bread and butter. A new trainee has given us a pleasant surprise, and thanks to COVID and other things we have been busily juggling behind the scenes so everything looks like it is running smoothly. On the home front we were blown away by our son's efforts this year, traveling to Japan as part of a school trip, and acing his final year of secondary schooling. The world truly is his oyster and we could not be prouder. Our two girls are also on the path to wonderful success with our eldest daughter Nen impressing a local childcare centre, and our youngest daughter proving to be quite the entrepreneur (she cannot wait for her next birthday when she can finally get out into the workforce earning her own money). I have had a successful year of writing with a number of my stories and poems being accepted for publication on websites such as Black Hare Press, Academy of the Heart and Mind, The World of Myth Magazine, and many more. Looking back on 2023 it actually surprised me to see how successful it has been. Speaking of The World of Myth and publications, Dark Myth and their kids press subsidy published my children's novel The Neighbor and my youth novella Murdle Notton's Guide to World Domination. I hope to have another youth fantasy published by them this year on top of the sequel to The Neighbor, The Teacher. I have also enjoyed recording the weekly podcast for this company, The World of Mythbits, having almost recorded 70 episodes. I really enjoy each month the opportunity to read and review the magazine they publish, with the other episodes themed on writing, and general musings from my mind and life. Now that we have a fresh new year to look forward to I am hoping that I will be posting more. Fingers crossed I will have loads of good news to share. Until then, I hope that you are all safe, happy, and well, wherever life finds you. Ciao for now, and happy 2024!! Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment