Saturday 6 July 2024

All at Sea

I love the ocean, the seaside is my happy place. It reminds me a lot about life. Some days are calm and the sky is so blue, there is not a single cloud in the sky. Other days there is grey as far as the eye can see, rain poors down like tears and lightning lets you know that someone, something, somewhere is angry. Reflecting back on life after a most recent birthday I think I am due a trip to the beach. That won't happen today though, so instead I shall just write about it...

This poem I have chosen to title All at Sea...

Enjoy


Some days are so calm
The sky is so blue
Not a cloud in the sky
To spoil the view

Other days are grey
A storm on its way
The flashes of lightning
Take my breath away

Sometimes the ocean
Appears just like glass
A mirror reflecting
Both future and past

Me in my boat
Upon the waters we float
A ship made of paper
A simplistic note

Do I take life too serious
Or do I act the clown
Is that me waving hello
Or have I started to drown

Life can be a happy place
But, some times it is rough
We just have to hope
We get as many good days as tough

And when we get those times
Dealing with so much stuff
My prayer for us all
Is that we are tough enough

4 comments:

  1. I like your poem, Tim. Comparing the moods of the sea with the moods of human beans is astute. I feel like the calm sunny sea today.🌞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Balmy waters in your future, I hope. And if not, I hope you can cope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of calm seas ahead Dawn <3
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Lisa for your wonderful support
    I apologize for not responding sooner
    I am still (so many years on) getting used o blogging and commenting
    :)

    ReplyDelete