Saturday 30 March 2019

The weekend of nothing

Sometimes we have a weekend that starts on Friday and doesn't stop until Sunday night. Fun social catchups so full to bursting that by the time Monday rolls around again you feel like yo need another weekend to recover. This Friday was unique though. When a colleague from work asked "What is on THIS weekend..?" I thought for a moment and realised we had nothing planned... Indeed a rarity, or at least so it seems lately. Nothing planned never means a truly lazy weekend though.

This was our nothing planned... After knocking off at 6 from work I got home to a delicious lamb shank pie (buy local... support local) with an easy night of TV watching with the loves of my life, my wife and kids (well at least two of the three). Saturday was a day of pottering, Thumpy our rabbit had a day out the cage and aside from tidying a bit around the house, cooking up damper for breakfast and BBQ T-bone steaks for tea the most memorable thing we did as a family was movie night. Spider Man into the Spiderverse was a flick we had not been sure of when it hit cinemas but there was enough interest from me and my son to convince everyone to give it a go once it came out on DVD. A memorable weekend moment for us since it was not the film that I expected and it was a film that all five of the family sat down together and watched. I love that time we all spend together doing something that we all enjoy.

Sunday has been great too, the Laws hitting the local country market and catching up with the Crook family. Lots to buy (again buy local... support local) with yummy doughnuts, cheese cake, pasties and other goodies as well as candles, bath bombs and things that smell yum.

Now I feel slightly rested and ready for a full on week ahead. Networking in Adelaide on Monday (where I am the final presenter of the day), jam packed Tuesday, day off Wednesday for Sports Day with the girls (Go Sturt!!!), Thursday another crazy day at work with Friday Law pizzeria where we (Miss H and I) cook up a storm and basically feed the school (students and teachers) with healthy and yummy home made pizzas. Follow this with library shifts on the Saturday and Sunday and I'll be done.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment