Saturday 12 October 2019

Park Run number one (hopefully of many)...

I've been hearing about this global phenomenon that started in London (Bushy Park, Teddington) about 15 years ago. A 5km course that is 'run' every Saturday morning across the globe. This free communal fitness fetish which encourages members to walk, run or jog the distance has become part of my brother-in-law's routine for a few weeks now, something that his whole family is doing. As every good brother-in-law does I thought I would go along to one and support.

Of course I had my wonderful side-kick join me too. Miss Nen kept pace with her Aunty and little Squidge while my mate Hicksy and I ran, jogged and walked with Maddy and Tills.

Fine weather, fine company and a chance to chat with so many. I handed out the high fives and found encouragement came thick and fast as runners sped past.

Our first Park Run was great fun and I for one cannot wait to go again! I now can totally understand what all the fuss is about.

Thanks Mel and the volunteers for doing a great job running the show and thanks to all my friends who have encouraged us to give it a go.

I think Miss Nen is so keen she wants to go next week with out me. Super dooper proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment