Friday 20 January 2023

Climbing Upon the Shoulders of Giants

When a door closes, does a window open? Not always so it seems, or at least not straight away. I am referring to my writing journey but I could be speaking about anything. In the case of my writing though I am discovering more and more opportunities to publish, thus far there is nothing yet associated with big named publishers... I am still chasing the pot of gold. For all of the windows that I am discovering, some open and some still as yet closed, I wonder if I will ever have time to knock on the big, golden door. I dream that life will be different, clearer perhaps. I know that my wife and my family are dreaming too, dreaming about a little cabin in the woods far away from everything. I like the idea of a quiet beach somewhere, perhaps one day we will have both. Until then though I must say a HUGE thank you to the existence of independent (Indy) publishers. Black Hare Press, Dark Myth Publishing, Black Ink Fiction, Pure Slush, Sweety Cat Press, Academy of the Heart and Mind, The House of Loki, to name but a handful of so many publishers, all of them successfully sharing the works of writers and artists such as myself, creators from all corners of this globe. Many of these Indy publishers are a one-person, two-person, or perhaps ten (if they're lucky) person team. It all equates to the same thing; more windows, more doors, and thus even more opportunities. Now all it seems we need is more time. One day someone will come up with a way to make that happen too. While we wait and hope for that we must make the most of the time we have got. If you are not sure, knock, and knock loudly. Doors and windows can only swing open when we seek them and ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment