Wednesday 31 August 2016

A blog a day challenge - September

I don't know if I'll make it but September looks like it will be a busy month for me work wise and with family too (when is it not busy these days though)... I have decided (without too much thought) to attempt a blog post each day for the month of September.

Here is my post for day 1: SPRING HAS SPRUNG

What a gorgeous, sunny day greeted us for the first day of Spring 2016. A day off to enjoy with my darling girl (I'm on the evening shift at work, a short shift from 5 to 8 so we can offer library services to those who work 9 to 5 each day). After a few jobs around the town we popped into our local Maccas to finally try their Create Your Taste (build your own burger experience). Although this was nice and the staff were amazing the who experience left both my wife and I a touch frustrated we couldn't have all of our requests. I believe the Create Your Taste second time around will only be even better than our first crack.

The same happened last night with the new James Patterson Bookshots... I have seen a number of these hit the shelves at work and thought I would give one a go. I like Patterson's fast paced style and his description of grizzly crime mixed perfectly with loads of action. I gave The Hostage a go two nights ago and at 120 pages thought it would be over and done and I would be eager for more... Sadly I found the story dragged a bit around page 40 or so... I got to the end of chapter 11 (about half way) before I called it a night. The second half of the book though was typical Patterson until the end which, although it made sense it did not leave me eager to pick up the next Bookshot. Like Create Your Taste though I am certain I will give this series of books another crack.

Create Your Taste - 6/10

Bookshots 'The Hostage' - 7/10

1 comment: