Thursday 5 October 2017

Just an average Friday trying to save the world one city at a time...

Friday regular day off from the library as I am working the weekend. Normally date day but this Friday is school holidays. Difficult to have a moment or two with the girl I love when our house is full to bursting with kids... Last night we had three extras with Master 11, Miss 10 and Miss 7 each having a friend overnight. Today though for a rock painting activity day we added my two nieces, two more (family friends) plus extras creating what seemed like a cast of thousands of little smiling faces. The perfect time to leave the amazing mums to it...

Instead I zoomed off to my brother-in-law, the king of board games. The board game for today was Eldritch Horror, a Cthulu Mythos based game where investigators traverse the globe in an attempt to prevent the return of one of The Old Ones... It is a long game to play but full of little challenges each challenge with its own pitfalls and rewards, characters can die on a couple of poor dice rolls but in the long run there is a chance of final success (on the most basic level anyway). I have really enjoyed exploring the various Cthulu (H. P. Lovecraft) themed games Ben has been acquiring. Not your normal go around the board affair... In fact so much more...

A great way to spend a Friday but unfortunately I needed to take off when we (Ben, Matt and I) were about half way through. I returned home to discover a happy household of friends and family, some beautifully coloured rocks and a very successful afternoon.

No sleepovers tonight! A fun filled weekend ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment