Sunday 22 June 2014

Two weeks in June

What a great holiday I have had. Two weeks off in June. Cold but not wet or not too wet anyway. It has been a wonderful time spent with my beautiful wife and my three gorgeous kids. There have been more school and kindy runs than I am used to doing and I have an even greater respect for Heidi (I don't know how you do it all darling girl...)

I loved celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary, escaping from the children for a night to enjoy some together time (many thanks to our wonderful friends Larissa and Ben and Maria for making this possible). Dinner and a movie and so much bubbles... what an amazing night.

I finally got out to the front and back yard... weeding... mowing... all the fun jobs. With help from Heidi's mum and dad I was able to cram so many odd jobs that were well overdue into my second week. I must say the house is looking pretty good.

Finally I even managed to get a short story written and submitted... It is a 1,000 word thriller based on James Pattersons' character Alex Cross (Kiss the Girls, Along Came a Spider, etc.) When I know how the voting works I will send out a link and give you a chance to have a read.

Back at work now (hit the ground running) but looking forward to September... But first my main bread and butter the school holiday activities.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment