Saturday 24 December 2016

Wishing everyone everywhere the best Christmas

Blessings and well wishes to you all on this special day. The stresses and worries of the lead up to Christmas are now (thankfully) behind us all and it is time to kickback, relax and enjoy the time spent with family and friends.

If you got what you had always wished for lucky you. If not please take the time to smile, thank the giver and enjoy the feeling of being loved and thought of.

Christmas was always a truly joyous occasion for me as it meant a roadtrip to Goolwa and the beach where me and my two brothers would catch up with our nine cousins and run amok. As a parent myself now of three wonderful kids I take a moment or two and look back and wonder how my father felt as we rarely caught up with his cousins and family, always mum's. Even then we needed more money, more time, more everything to see everyone. I guess as a kid you never realise those sort of things.

Time has gone on and I am certainly not that kid any longer (though some people would argue otherwise). There are people I have lost along the way, family and friends that sadly I will not see. My thoughts are of you all even though we cannot be there to help you celebrate the arrival of the silly season. Those in the heat stay cool, those in the cool stay warm and those in the very, extremely cold stay indoors by the fire...

Remember the ones you love! Those traveling (even just around the corner) travel safe! Merry Christmas to you all!! May 2017 give us all more money, more time and more of a chance to catch up with everyone we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment