Sunday 12 March 2017

The risk seems to be paying off

No more shhhhh... It seems my local community is embracing live music in the library. Our previous record for a Sunday opening (1 to 4pm) was 84 and we have not seen anything near that for many months. Our first session of live music with the very, extremely, awesomely talented Sofie Bozzetti saw us already by pass our long standing record with 85 for the day. Today we hosted an amazing local four piece called Escape From Yesterday (been officially together since December 2016, but sound like pros) and I'm sure we were at 87 with a half hour of opening time left... I've got a really great feeling my colleague and I might have cracked the early 90s...

This all goes to show the community is willing to support events that libraries are not necessarily known for. I'm hoping that this trend will continue as the Murray Bridge Library welcomes the Craggs sisters and later Jesse Budel. Rock the library and it seems the people will come... Loving the Sunday Sessions in March 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment