Friday 5 May 2017

The lucky husband

How lucky am I?

I was outside this afternoon hanging sheets with my darling girl. The kids were on the trampoline and Miss 9 looks over. "Are you two doing washing together? How romantic!!" and she seemed serious. Is that romance now? I don't think so and I hope that my two daughters don't settle for a romantic date night or weekend of pampering consist of doing the washing together or sitting side by side glued to our phones or the TV screen.

I admit I have been very slack in the realm of romance... Plenty of amazing ideas flow through my mind but (like many people I am sure) I don't follow through... A weekend escape where I get to shower my gorgeous wife with all my complete attention and we get some quality alone time seems to be but once a year and is always a surprise for me (my angel has everything arranged). I don't know how she does it but it is not fair.

This has come from our discussion around the washing line that with Mother's Day just around the corner this seems to be the only day my wife gets told to relax. This is your day... Do what you wish (as long as it involves us)... Master 11 suggested that the birthday of each of our children should be marked as a Mother's Day as well as this day we became parents (once, twice and finally thrice) but what he does not understand is a child's birthday is a day of behind the scenes stress and chaos as the rush occurs trying to make everything happen smoothly, look effortless and perfect... No a birthday is not a relaxing day, especially not for a mother... Master 11 is right though... There should be a way to honour the amazing things mothers do for their children and partners do for each other and not just on one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment