Sunday 20 August 2017

The generous nature of fabulous friends and family

This weekend just gone has been a HUGE one for us. As a White Ribbon Ambassador (https://www.whiteribbon.org.au) I had the opportunity to host a house party to raise funds for this very important cause. The generosity of friends and family as well as local businesses has been truly astounding.

I am extremely pleased to say that with the massive efforts of my beautiful wife and all the support I have around me we managed to smash our fundraiser target and we still have even more donations coming through. Such a great night, such an important cause. Looking forward to November now and the opportunity to round up the men to make a strong statement when we all shout "NO!" we will not be silent when we witness violence against women or children and "NO!" we will not be violent.

Changing the mindset of a community is challenging but if we all do our little bit it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment