Friday 27 December 2019

The Laws go to the movies - Does Jumanji take it to the next level and how adorable is Abominable

Today was super hot in South Australia so where better to take the family but the local cinema. Our local, the Cameo was showing Jumanji The Next Level, sequel to Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle. So in what is supposedly Jack Black's final fling on the big screen did Jumanji take it beyond level one..?

Honestly I found the film to be really good. It was entertaining throughout with only a few words that caused Miss 9 to question their appropriateness. The characters were similar from the first (Welcome to the Jungle) but with enough of a change to continue the entertainment. If you liked the original remake then you'll enjoy this one as well. Are these films better than the original Jumanji..? Perhaps not better in my opinion but different enough that I have not spent the whole time focusing on what was done better in the original and where the remakes shone out. All I can say is watch all three and enjoy all three for the fun films they are.

While the day went on and only seemed to get hotter my brilliant Queen Miss H came up with the wondrous idea of pizza and a DVD in air conditioned comfort. Mummy of the year last holidays took the girls to the big screen to see Abominable, a Dreamworks animation about the yeti. Master 13 and I missed out, but at the time I was not too worried. Upon hearing all the fun and adventure in the movie from our girls I was suddenly keen to watch and disappointed I'd missed out. Thankfully the whole family was happy to see what Abominable had in store for us and I was glad to see it had heart, laughs and loads of family focused fun.

Jumanji The Next Level - Four irreparable consoles out of a possible five

Abominable - Four and a half dandelions out of five

No comments:

Post a Comment