Thursday 24 July 2014

Another of my favourite things... Travel

I have recently had a friend return to Oz from India and every time he jets off somewhere new it reminds me of that one time I was able to adventure off to foreign shores.

There is nothing like travelling overseas! Whether it is for work or pleasure or a mixture of both it can be a real thrill to hop onto a plane and leave the safety and security of friends and family. I see travel as the greatest education one can ever get, it is an opportunity to truly see and learn about other countries, other cultures and other people. It is also the ultimate education about yourself. Travel exposes you to new and unusual situations that you must deal with and learn from and all the while you have this great freedom and this eagerness to discover the new and unexplored.

I hope one day soon that I will get to travel again... This time it would be great to have my wonderful wife and beautiful kids along too... A chance to learn even more about ourselves and each other. Until that chance comes along though I will watch enviously (the sky and the web) as planes fly over my head and as gorgeous views from America, Italy, Spain, Ireland, etc. appear in my inbox or on facebook, glad that my mates are discovering a new experience, a new place and even something new about themselves.

Happy travels!!

No comments:

Post a Comment