Tuesday 22 July 2014

The Wonderful Chaos of School Term in Winter

The school term has begun again and I am beginning to curse the cool winter mornings.
The holidays have been great with the kids rising early with me so we can eat breakfast together while I get ready for work (a big thanks to my beautiful wife and our amazing friends who have looked after the little ones over the two week holiday break). Now that the older two are back at school and kindy has started another term I am finding less and less that the kids are up with me and happy around the breakfast table... Now I get them out of bed and they find a way to crawl back in.

I am struggling to get up each morning when the radio tells me it is a brisk 3 degrees, so I can sympathize with my kids... almost admiring their determination to gain that extra five minutes of warm snug as a bug feeling that can only be found under the blankets and eiderdown and surrounded by millions of teddy bears. I did say almost... Get up! Get out of bed!! Breakfast time!

Following breakfast is always two of the most frustrating games that parents and kids can ever play... Game one I like to call 'who can get dressed the slowest' and game two is 'what can I leave at home which I desperately need with me at school/kindy'. I wonder if you can guess how these games are played (and who usually wins!)?

I say bring on the weekend and a looooooovely sleep in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment