Wednesday 17 February 2016

Catch up... Happy belated birthdays

To all my loyal followers and anyone who has happened to stumble upon my site, my apologies for once again neglecting this page... It has been almost a whole month between posts, so much has been happening but I have not had a chance to sit down and write a single word. So this is my first catch up post... Enjoy!!

Happy belated birthdays to all my friends and family born in January and February! It is hard to imagine that we are almost through the first quarter of the year. A guy once told me that January and February are the worst months for business. I didn't believe him when I first heard but I certainly believe him now. Since taking on a more senior role at the library where I work it has been all event planning and budget bidding and all the stressful but important jobs which will pave the way for the rest of the year. Any contacts you try making with local companies (or any company really) is hard at the moment though because all through January businesses were shutdown for Christmas break and all through February the gears have only just started turning. Enough about work though...

This post is supposed to be all about the catchups I've had with friends and family whose birthdays we missed during January or February or even those whose birthdays fall at the end of 2015 and we just couldn't find a free weekend... So here goes...

It was great to have a mass sleep over with some friends of my son, mates from his old school. We love keeping alive these friendships since the boys are great together. There was a Nerf gun war in our backyard followed by a meal and movie night.

Early Feb we finally caught up with the Smiths (name remains unchanged to protect the innocent) when we spent an ammmmmmaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzziiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg day at the Adelaide Zoo. All day we were wishing the kids a belated happy birthday which confused them totally (lol). The weather was perfect with Funi the panda on the move, the frogs in fine form and the otters (all 5 of them) singing up a storm and acting very playful.

Feb also saw us (finally) catch up with a dear friend. Mount Barker was a great halfway location and gave us an excuse to try out the new Mexican takeaway place there. If you ever go don't mention that their setup is just like Subway... Only Mexican! They don't see the similarities and there are certainly no similarities on price!!! Money to a great cause though so all the best to them...

Thanks to Facebook my phone is alerting me a day early to everyones' birthdays. The challenge now is to get online on the day and actually remember to drop you all a line. Wish me luck...

If I don't get online though please know that I am thinking of all you February and March born friends and wishing you all the very best day...

Signing off,

Tim the Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment