Wednesday 17 February 2016

Swim swim swim like a fish

It is such a great thrill when I get a chance to do anything with my kids at school. Sometimes it is cooking the BBQ for a whole school nature day, sometimes I get to do something related to work and sometimes it is just being able to drop by during my lunch break and watch them swim.

This week just gone has been all about the later. 12pm has been an awesome time to pop down to our local pool and watch what my three wonderful and amazing kids are up to. I time it perfectly to help my youngest dry off a bit and get as much of her sandwich into her as possible before it is time for her to go off and play. Miss 5 (almost 6) has a nasty cough which reappears at the worst possible time so it is great that I can make sure she get a jumper on to ward off the cool wind and it just totally makes my day when Miss Boo sees I have arrived and I get a joyful "DADDDDDDYYYYY!!!!" greeting.

The other two are still in the thick of learning when I arrive and I just love seeing how well extra lessons with a local lady are helping them to grow much more confident in the water. My eldest daughter gives me a warm smile when she sees me and my son's classmates make sure he knows when I have arrived.

Tomorrow finishes their week of school swimming lessons, traditionally the fun day. I regret that I cannot be there for any of the session and so will need to wait until tomorrow night before I discover the mischief they get up to. Something to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment