Thursday 21 June 2018

The joy of giving

Today I got to breath in the crisp winter air on a glorious June day as Jervois Primary years 2/3 and 6/7 went tree planting. I missed out last year as my daughter and niece undertook this wonderful community and environmental service and this year it was purely by luck that it fell during my annual leave. We had 300 or so trees to plant and my daughter and I with a duo of young men managed to plant (maybe) ten of them. Today has been a true test of my sense of humour but thankfully I've a good one. I also think I made a great decision by planting the trees away from everyone else. My three 'helpers' spent most of the time bugging each other and stealing the poor little trees and shrubs we were trying to plant. Thankfully the other groups were faster planters and we managed in a few hours to get over 240 native shrubs, trees and plants into the ground... Hopefully the majority of them take root and flourish...

Tomorrow we (my beautiful wife and I) get to give again to this amazing school. Casa de Law's delicious and healthy pizzas are on the menu and have proven to be more popular than ever. We will need all our wits about us as the canteen kitchen becomes our pizzeria. We love a challenge!! I'm sure we'll handle it!!!

I just love the chance to be involved in the three kids' school lives... Their friends know us (and like us too I think) and the kids are so happy for us to be there and be involved... Loving this time of our lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment