Friday 25 December 2015

Child of an Ancient City... One of the BEST stories I have read in a while...

I have been reading a great recommendation, a shortish novella (80 pages including some amazing illustrations) by Tad Williams. Many many years back my cousin James got me onto Tad and a brilliant series this man wrote called Memory, Sorrow and Thorn... If you are a fan of layered, interesting high fantasy with imaginative characters, politics, twists and turns and something that is just enjoyable and engaging to read then you must read this series... Start with The Dragonbone Chair... You will NOT be disappointed...

I am finding the same with Child of an Ancient City. It is written by Tad Williams and Nina Kiriki Hoffman and has all of the same quality as M, S + T but with a great horror twist... This time the characters are all from the East and have an ancient Muslim background...

I cannot wait to read the remaining two chapters and epilogue I have left to devour just to see how it all turns out...

Another brilliant read by Mr Tad Williams...

So far 5 out of 5! Possibly will be 7 out of 5 with a killer ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment