Sunday 27 December 2015

Faith Restored

First of all I have two HUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEE thank yous I need to announce... A thank you to my sweet, beautiful, thoughtful wife who got me for Christmas five movie tickets so I could shout the lads a movie and have a boys day out. I love how you surprise me like that darling, those simple thoughtful moments that make me fall even deeper in love with you...

The second thanks needs to go out to Disney... My faith in the Star Wars movie franchise has officially been restored. The condition linked to the present of the tickets was that I go and see The Force Unleashed, Episode VII of Star Wars (a movie my gorgeous girl flatly refuses to watch having never seen any of the Star Wars films ever and not likely to see any of them ever (never ever... so don't even try...)) So this will not be a post spoiling any of the amazing scenes or that moment that occurred that made everyone in the cinema gasp... This post is just one to note how I held my breath when the Lucas Arts symbol appeared on screen and those very words followed straight after... A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away...

This latest addition to the Star Wars story goes back to those great films that started it all... The humour was right, the tension was there, good was truly good and evil was dastardly... There were gimmicks yes but they were not the be all and end all... And the new characters were well woven into the fabric... Nothing seemed out of place... I now cannot wait to see just what else Disney has planned for Star Wars fans old and new...

Four and a half pieces of space junk for a film that left me fulfilled and yet looking forward to more...

Well done Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment