Friday 25 December 2015

Christmas is for family...

To all,

I hope that Christmas 2015 was everything you hoped it would be and that Santa came for all of you on account of your impeccable behaviour... For us Christmas was a joy being able to catch up with my dad and my two brothers and their wives and fiances... My eldest has been very under the weather and so unfortunately it could only be me with the two girls... Some delicious food, a lovely drop of red from Margaret River (Xanadoo I think it was) and some wonderful company... Got the girls home just in time for the start of the Gallasch Christmas festivities... So many kids, or so it seems even with just our three and the two nieces (Ben and I can act real kids sometimes too so I guess we should be counted in that mix)... It was just so wonderful to be able to spend some quality time with my wife's mum and especially her dad... It really has been a super stressful end to this year, in a similar vein to the way the year began and so it was just such a peaceful, thankful vibe to the Gallasch bash... Cannot wait next month to kick on with the Christmas spirit when we join the remained of this clan (Marks x2 and their families)... There will be even MORE kids running around then with Ben and I surely mixed in amongst them...

Winners are grinners... Christmas Eve we had a staff show thanks to the higher powers that be... The few members of the library team who were there cleaned up in the staff raffle... Beers, novelty toys and plenty of other humerous prizes... Who won the ham though? Yep! Yours truly just hamming it up!! Taking away the top prize and wondering how the heck we are going to eat it all...

Today (Dec 26) has been more of a peaceful, relaxing day... Tidying up... Taking Pa Gallasch around to see a great friend of his... Just this arvo I took my little Noo around to visit Oma (we miss you like crazy Mum!), my Grandma Peg the kids cousin Bernadette and went looking for my Nanny Bridget (never look for the Irish if you don't know the way)... A few tears, lots of songs and flowers, sticks and stones left at the graves...

Now it is just great to see the three little ones all playing together sharing new pressies and some special experiences... If only everyday could be like today...

All the best to you for a HUGE New Years Eve and hopefully the troubles of 2016 will be small and the triumphs epically large,

Some Call Me Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment