Wednesday 6 January 2016

Saint Kilda playground you have changed but we still love you

Had a great day today thanks to a great local organisation who took a whole bunch of us from Tailem Bend and Murray Bridge up to Saint Kilda playground...

I remember the awesome place we used to regularly visit, me and my two brothers and various numbers of cousins and friends. I remember the big steel cage bowl that span around stupidly fast (a ride that I was too scared to ride for many years... Mostly due to at least one cousin losing some teeth when they slipped and fell while it was spinning its fastest), strange see-saws and so many crazy slides. There was also this a-mazing (pun intended) enigma full of twists and turns that went under the place we nicknamed 'slippery slide mountain' and came out the other side.

I can report that Saint Kilda playground is still a kids' wonderland. The teeth stealing rides are no more though, replaced with rides that seem deceptively safer (at least one of my kids drew blood on the trampoline crossed with a climbing frame). The slides are the greatest thing still here are it was amazing to see my littlest ones graduate from simple slides (no way were they tackling the top level slippery dip) to the huge dipper by the end of the afternoon. The a-laming excuse for a maze that is at Saint Kilda now was probably the only bad thing of the changes made... It has gone from a facinating and sometimes scarey place to a combination of four spirals. In the center of the maze you can see at least two exits. It takes about a minute or two to walk through the entire maze now.

The best part of today though was all the magical moments I got to make with my kids in a place designed purely for FUN FUN FUN... Such a great day! I feel so lucky I could tag along and be there to share the excitement.

Saint Kilda playground you are not the place I recall from my past but still a great place to run off all my energy. Very tired now... Tim the Wizard signing off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment