Sunday 10 January 2016

Road Chip surprisingly enjoyable

Who remembers the Chipmunks? Alvin the cheeky rebel, Simon the smart and rational one and Theodore (he seems to me to be there just to be led astray). Then there came the Chipettes but by then I was way too old for that kind of movie. I remember my brother getting the record for the first movie (and the smurfs album and something by the Trolls too I think). Well this week I was reintroduced to the squeaky little guys.

I was in fact surprised and impressed by just how much fun the film Alvin and the Chipmunks the Roadchip actually was. The storyline was not new but was quite well done and the great use of current tracks and music from earlier decades blended nicely. I caught my youngest often bopping away in her seat between handfuls of popcorn.

All in all it was a great family afternoon at our local Cameo cinema.

We ALL enjoyed so much in fact that my wife found a Chipmunks cassette tape when we got home... Go Alvin screeching 'Eye of the Tiger' at the very top of his little lungs... Lol!! Awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment