Monday 11 January 2016

Merry Christmas catch up

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend away catching up with my wife's family. It took us a while to motor from Murray Bridge to wine country but as soon as we reached our destination it was great to catch up again with nieces and nephews and take a dip in the cool, cool pool...

I love catching up with the Gallasch clan. A foot in both camps lets me pretend to be young and hip when I catch up with the nieces and nephews in their late teens and early twenties, and yet I can chat with Ma and Pa Gallasch and/or my wife's older sister and her husband and I can chat all night about the important issues that come with being an adult.

The best part of the whole weekend though was just having a splash in the caravan park pool, watching the confidence my kids now have in the water and just splashing around. Blissful fun.

We all need more family fun moments like that...

I remember the best holidays were when dad was off work for a week and we would (as a family with or without relatives/family friends in tow) jump in the car and go explore some place in Australia... Such great memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment