Sunday 24 January 2016

What a wonderful escape

Victor Harbor we love you! We have had a few family weekends away or short trips down to Victor. My wife's parents are based down that way so for one thing it is a terrific excuse to catch up with two beautiful, kind and generous people. Also the town is on the ocean... I like so many others have such fond memories of trips to the seaside (my grandparents had a house in Goolwa, ten minutes wander through the sand dunes to Goolwa beach) so anytime we head to anywhere with the smell of salt in the air brings back the best memories for me of childhood.

This afternoon we returned, tired but happy from another escape to beautiful Victor Harbor. This time the kids and I managed to fit in a camel ride and a ride on the grand 621 steam engine, The Duke of Edinburgh... Such great family memories... Love sharing these special moments with my kids.

The BIGGEST irony though was on this trip while staying at our fav caravan park I was jumping on the Jumping Pillow when there was a girl I went to Primary and High school... Melanie it was great to see you and your two little ones, meet your husband and say hi again to your mum and dad.

It just goes to prove even when you disappear for a weekend you still stumble across people you know... And I love the fact that so many years down the track Melanie and I are (and hopefully will always) be the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment