Thursday 29 September 2016

My final post for September... Home again safe and sound

Home at last, our final day of our epic family adventure. Naracoorte gave us power last night (major improvement on when we first arrived) so we watched The Angry Birds movie with the kids (better than I expected, kinda funny actually) and then TRIED to watch X-Men Armageddon (just Heidi and I) after we sent the kids to bed. Yummy steak for tea BBQ style and two movies was a great way to spend the evening together as a family.

Next morning more rain... Packing the car was interesting fun but we were on the road by 9:30 with the Naracoorte Big 4 cabin cleaning crew hovering at our doorstep. Early lunch at Keith was nice but it was a disappointment for the kids with it being too wet for the roller coaster (next time kids...)

I have never ever felt so happy to see Cosi' Rhino at Tailem Bend or the roadworks along Morris Road (just around the corner from our place). Thanks to Jess for looking after our two fury kids and thanks to Lynda for a house that looked and smelled as fresh as daisies as we walked through the front door. A final thanks to my darling princess Miss Heidi who planned this amazing holiday and drove so many kilometres to get us to where we needed to go. A gallant effort M'lady, you are amazing my love.

Now comes the hangover from the time away as living out of suitcases, so much time on the road and seeing sooooooooooooo many amazing things catches up with us. I already feel Sumonday (when Sunday stops feeling like Sunday and you start dreading Monday back to work) creeping into my thoughts... Craft with kids with a pirate spin, a wine and cheese night and then two well known authors all coming up over the next few weeks. There is definitely no dull moments ahead of me.

This finally completes a month of posts, one a day. I cannot believe I did it. Don't expect more than four of five posts next month. Signing off home safe and sound, Trippin Timmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment