Sunday 18 September 2016

On the road at last

I would love to blog about the AFL (Australian Football League) finals... Sadly the Crows are out leaving the Dogs, Cats, Swans and Giants still in the hunt for the silver cup. I could make a suggestion that the Crows might have done the Cats a favour with such a physical loss to a barbaric Swan outfit... I could but I am on Day 1 of an epic family fun filled escape and I would rather blog about that.

What an awesome beginning to a family road trip... Awake at 5ish with no chance of getting back to sleep. My wise wife suggests "why don't we just hit the road early..?" And guess what?! We were in Keith in no time and rolling on that awesome death trap of a roller coaster faster than you can say "the Laws are here..."

Nil to see at Nhill, the usual play on word jokes as we passed through Ki Ki and a few other quirky named joints, and of course my highlight... Dimboola (a little piece of Africa with a name like that!)

Keith though was a big highlight with the yummy bakery food the retro room and that wickedly awesome roller coaster plus the cool playground.

We have our little travel mascot (a Geelong Cats bear teddy nicknamed Tom Danger) and it has also been fun taking pics of him in the different places that we stopped at along the way.

I am so glad that we did not attempt a run from Adelaide to Melbourne. I think today we went far enough.

A biggest of big THANK YOU to Google maps who guided us to our cabin when my navigation skills let us down. The lost are now found and safe in our delightful cabin. I have my gorgeous girl beside me and our three little ones hyped up on memories from only day one (stopping at the BIG KOALA was an eye opener of an experience)... Bring on day two I say and heaps more memories to come...

Family holidays are simply the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment