Thursday 10 March 2016

Best ever

One day I hope that when people say "my favourite author of (insert genre here) is..." that every now and then they think of me. For now though I would need to say that as a fan of well written fantasy I enjoy Tolkien of course (the grandfather of the epic quest), CS Lewis whose stories I have loved since before I was 8, David Eddings who I have read religiously all my life and of course Raymond E Fiest who I had the pleasure of meeting when he came to Mount Barker. My favourites though are none of these although they do run very close...

For me Katherine Kerr and Tad Williams would have to be the best I have read to date.

The Devvery series weaves beautifully through many centuries, allowing you to follow the two heroes and other characters across many lives... Magic is brilliantly portrayed and the Wealsh mythology is used so well as a backdrop and inspiration to these stories.

Williams does just as amazing a job (in my opinion) as his Sithi, Trolls and Nord each gave the books in the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn books an element that took the stories interwoven from epic fantasy to mind explodingly incredible tales of adventure... Tales I still wish I could live for real...

So who are your fav authors? Have I got it right? Or is there a genius author out there I am yet to read who is going to make me rave on and on about their brilliance. I hope they are out there and that one day (soon) that author will be me...

No comments:

Post a Comment