Saturday 5 March 2016

Best Birthday Memories

We are celebrating a very special moment today in the Law house... Our youngest is turning 6 on March 6 and for weeks now we have been planning the Rainbow birthday party of the century... Our local soccer club has been great in allowing us to use the club rooms again and after some amazing work by my gorgeous wife yesterday I think we may be ready to pull this off... So while we count down the hours before this massive day truly begins it makes me wonder what are your favourite memories from childhood parties?

I remember having one of my birthday parties (maybe my 8th) at Puzzle Park in one of the Indian wigwams there. We had an ice cream cake (ice cream in July on a freezing cold day while the rain poured down... Crazy I know...) We sped around on the go carts and played mini golf. Such an awesome day. I also remember one of my brother's birthdays (January this time... Much hotter with all of us needing to cool off) and my brother got this great toy where you wore this hat filled with water and everyone pulled out rods. If they pulled the right one the person wearing the hat got all the water but if they got the wrong one hey got sprayed.

Much more recently (but still at least a decade ago) I was in the UK for my birthday. So far from home I didn't want to do anything but my cousin still found me and convinced me to celebrate. Middle of summer but somehow it still rained which for me was a way of connecting back to home... Thanks Chelle for a magic day checking out old South Hampton (Sotton) and finishing off with some great Chinese food...

So what is your fondest birthday memory? It may be your birthday or someone else's... It could be something from long ago or even something from yesterday. I would love for you to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment