Friday 9 September 2016

Day 10 - Bring on the fun...

Looking forward to tonight, a planned catch up with family and friends which could potentially extend to the early hours of tomorrow... We have friends over from interstate (Victoria) who when ever we catch up it is like there has been no time at all between visits. These sort of gatherings are also a great excuse for those mates that are living just around the corner but you still never see them to pop in and have a solid catchup too. Soooooo this arvo I guess will be a quick spruce up of the backyard and getting the barbecue all set for a cook up...

Looking back over the last nine days of posts I have very quickly determined that footy is a popular topic so let me change tact here and reflect back on a ripper of a game last night. My darling wife being a die hard (deadset serious) Geelong Cats fan it was the right team that won a real nail biting THRILLER. I didn't need to watch as the reactions from my gorgeous girl told me everything I needed to know, a running commentary of emotion more than actual words. I really do feel for the Hawk who lined up for goal as the last kick of the match which could have taken his side across the line victorious. His confident smirk of certainty before he missed the goal and scored a mere point was his own fault... It is easy to say in hindsight, but dude I'd advise you to flash the smirk after the kick and not before... Social media will not let you forget that 'smile' for a long long time...

Good luck to the other AFL teams still yet to play... Will the Crows fly high? Or will the Kangaroos bound out the blocks and run away with the game? And how sad is it that the two Sydney sides face off against each other with only one staying in the race to the Grand Final... Good effort Greater Western Sydney to get as far as you have and good luck against your big brother the Swans...

I'm just glad Collingwood and Freo missed out this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment