Thursday 13 December 2018

A chapter of our lives draws to a close

So proud of my son who today has graduated from Primary School and is off to High School at the beginning of 2019. I still remember the daunting day of my first day of Year 8 where I discovered all the kids I knew from Primary were suddenly my best mates. With so many more students than you are used to seeing all gather in one place it can be quite scary. My son I feel will be fine though, he has a knack his Dad never had... He has a very easy going nature and the ability to quickly find like-minded people, allies for his schooling years.

It has been an emotional time these first few weeks of December with the final school concert for Master 12, a Primary graduation dinner (I never got one of those when I finished Year 7) and now... finally... the last day of term.

I am sure High School will prove to be a fun filled ride and my friend magnet of a boy will make his way through it all with best mates, good grades and come out the other side all set for life. Is he ready for the challenge? Probably more than ready... Are his Mum and Dad? I severely doubt it! Firstly though we must survive the Aussie summer holidays... Ready... Steady... Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment