Friday 28 December 2018

The Tenacity of a Crab

It seems December is the time for my rediscovery of writing competitions. I have put my hat in the ring for the December edition of the First Friday of the Month comp (55 hours to write a short story of 500 words or less)... I though I had a red hot chance but alas this comp has had the winners announced and I did not even make the shortlist. In true Cancerian style I am now eagerly awaiting the first Friday of January (there is nought like Cancer's tenaciousness... I will win this... At least one time next year...

Meanwhile I have also discovered there is an end of December writing comp too... This one is for a novella (between 20,000 and 50,000 words). I have already discovered a month (November to be exact) is not long enough for me to write 5,000 words let alone 20,000... I have discovered in my pile of old stories a parody I wrote years ago which I am hoping will be 20,000 at least with a few tweaks and a few extra scenes...

I consider myself to be a good writer, at times even a great one... I cannot wait to discover the next monthly writing challenge that January has in store... Hopefully (fingers crossed) I have some luck with the end of December...

No comments:

Post a Comment